2020 was supposed to be the year of changes, right? But what can you do differently this year, to make sure that this year doesn’t become a repeat of last year?
If you’re looking to make some big changes in your life, changes for the better because you can no longer stay stuck where you are, then here are some of our favorite tips on how to begin and make the changes stick!
- Realize the signs: Listen to yourself and your body. Notice your emotions lately, your actions and reactions. Jot them down and keep track.
- Take on a small challenge: Start small, make one small change and build up from there. Starting is already half the challenge, so start somewhere that keeps you motivated instead of somewhere that feels impossible to succeed.
- Find the ripple effect: What will making this change do for you? What will improve in your life? Being aware of the effects of your changes will help keep you motivated when you can’t notice the day-to-day changes.
- Surround yourself with positive people: The people you spend most of your time with have great impact on you. Find people that inspire you, that encourage you, that keep you on track of the future you are creating for yourself.
- It’s not relatable: Our last tip is seriously our favorite. Stop scrolling through facebook and instagram and finding negative things to relate to. Being related to feels good, because it helps us not feel alone about where we are in life, but connecting with those statements, puts a confirmation in your mind that it’s ok. If you want to see change, feel free to look at the memes, but change your words and thoughts. Say things like, “this is relatable now, but won’t be for long” or “nah, can’t relate” (even if you aren’t there just yet!)
Figuring life out as we go can be one heck of a challenge, but take things day by day, step by step. Your journey is yours. Walk it in your time, and when you’re ready to make a BIG MOVE then girl, GO FOR IT!
We’ll be cheering you on!