Being unapologetically you can be a task and a half. Juggling self-acceptance and people pleasing is almost impossible and that is why we just have to let go of anything that isn’t authentic to ourselves. But how do we let go of the fear of being judged and low-key ridiculed for going against what everyone wants?
In Lizzo’s words, we just gotta be 100% that bitch!! You have to be all in, for yourself and your sanity. Here is how to start letting go of your people pleaser ways, and dive, full force, into what you truly want, without fearing what anyone will think.
- Realize that not everyone loves peaches and that’s ok. Look for peach lovers instead of trying to change yourself so an apple-lover can love you too. There are people out there who are going to love you for you, so don’t spend time being someone you’re not for people who will never love juicy peaches.
- Practice saying positive affirmations of what you truly want to believe about yourself and roll with it. Practicing self-love by saying strong and positive words can lead you to eventually believe the words you are saying.
- Know what you want and stand your ground with it. It’s easy to go with the flow and not bother anyone with your wishes, thoughts and opinions but that’s just you shutting yourself down even more. Know what you want and make an effort to fight for it. If you don’t fight for what you want, someone else automatically wins what they want.
- Set your personal life rules so that you can respect yourself and your limits. If you’re tired, don’t go out at 11pm. If you’re needing some me time, don’t schedule another lunch date. Stick to your boundaries so others know them. Consistency is always key.
- Stop apologizing if you didn’t do anything wrong. Feeling like an inconvenience is nothing to apologize for so let go of that belief. Limit your “I’m sorry’s” to a max of 4 per day. If you use them all up, you can’t say I’m sorry anymore!!
It ain’t easy being Lizzo which is why we created this easy to follow mini workbook for you to download and get to work on being confident AF. If you’re a member you can use your discount code for 100% off this workbook if you download it within one week of release (discount code can be found inside the private, members only facebook group)
If you’re not a member yet and you don’t wanna miss out on these perks, join us today by clicking HERE!!