So you’ve moved to a new city!! Making yourself at home can be such a hassle, especially since you don’t have your go-to group of gals yet.
Well, have no fear, GirlFriends is here! We have put together our favorite list of tips for you to get out there and find your tribe, your hype team, your new BFFs. A new city doesn’t have to be lonely, a new city can be a great opportunity to explore and find your new “it” spots.
(P.S: If you’re introverted and shy, apply the tips down below after reading this post. You’ll thank us later!)
- Go on solo adventures: This might sound counter-productive, but going out and exploring a new place will get you familiar with your surroundings and you’ll get a glimpse of who hangs out where. Approach someone new at the bookstore or coffee shop and get the ball rolling.
- Join local groups: Now a days, there is a group for everything and you’re bound to fit into one. Find local groups and activities by joining meetup or if you’re local to Boston, you can download the newest Inhabit app and find fun events near you.
- Reach out for an exercise buddy: Whether you love going to the gym or hate it, either way it’s an excuse to find a friend to go with you and keep you motivated. Attend local classes and try different ones.
- Become a regular: When you go somewhere frequently, you get to join an “exclusive” community of regulars. You’ll see the same people all the time so it will be easier to approach or be approached by a potential new bestie.
- Go to networking events: These events are usually pretty specific so you’re bound to find someone there with a common interest.
- Try your best to say yes: Stepping out of your comfort zone in a new city can be scary but try your best to accept invites from people who want to hang out and get to know you!
Whether you like it or not, finding a new tribe can be hard work, but stepping out of your comfort zone, being friendly, and being open to new friendships is key to getting yourself your new group of girlfriends.