If you read any blog post on “success” you ‘ll see that the top celebrities and influencers all have routines. Whether they are morning routines with the best self-care practices, or night routines with the best methods to wind down and prepare for the day ahead, routines are clearly, a key to success.
If you’re anything like me though, implementing routines into daily life is about as stressful as a 9-5. Turns out, routines only work if you’ve got a ton of time in the morning, or a ton of willpower. I do not have either. Adulting on Sundays will do for now.
Below are 5 ways you can start making your life “put together” by doing some adulting just ONE day of the week! You’ll feel proud of yourself and you’ll happily watch re-runs of friends without all the guilt of what you should be doing instead.
- Touch each part of your life for 20 minutes: Whether it’s folding your laundry, organizing the place, or working out, give yourself 20 minutes per section. Complete what you can in 20 minutes then move on.
- Pick one big thing to focus on: I like to focus on meal prepping because it’s the most time consuming but also will save me the most time during the week. Pick something that is beneficial for you. Maybe you’ll make Sundays your meal prep day, or your laundry day, but choose something that takes a long time and get it over with.
- The self-love day: Adulting isn’t only getting things done, it’s also taking care of yourself. Make Sundays your self-care day where you’ll do that hair mask, take care of your nails, get all the shaving done, put on that moisturizer, prepare that healthy breakfast and feel good about yourself.
- Wake-up early and go to bed on time: Before you kill me, hear me out. Waking up early gives you a head start before the rest of the world wakes up. During the week, you wake up early because you have to so you’ll never have time to do anything. But if you plan to wake-up early, you’ll have all that extra time to take care of your responsibilities before your day even really starts. It won’t even feel like you wasted your precious Sunday time.
- Plan for the week ahead: Planning is my favorite and if you’re a planner, this method will be the one for you. Take 30 minutes to 1 hour (depending on how much you need) and plan for your week ahead. Plan for your outfits, plan your workout times, plan what days and times you’ll be cooking or eating out, plan your laundry day, your self-care day, and grocery shopping day. Plan your weekly budget, meetings and anything else that needs to be put on your calendar and then check things off as the week goes by.
Starting things off slowly and doing them one by one will definitely be much more successful than trying to copy Beyoncé’s daily morning routine.
If you need any help with getting things started and actually sticking with your new ways, we’ve created some guides that you can shop in the GirlFriends Shop. If you are a member, you can download these for free!! Not a member yet, sign up HERE!
What are some of your favorite ways to get your life seemingly together? Share with us on our instagram!